Updates added to new graphics.
WarBirds 2012 Changes - Dec 15, 2011
== GRAPHICS ==
== SOUND ==
- You may now disable "render medium range planes as black" in the Video Settings. If you have difficulty to see or can not see medium range planes, please disable this option.
- Minor tweaks to Zvezda_MoreFX to have some additional spark particles. Most noticeable in flak explosions.
== MAP AND RADAR ==
- Better volume handling relative to distance from sound source.
- When your bullets hit something very near from you, you may now hear impact sounds. You can customize volume of this sound by "NEAR HIT 1" slider in the Sound Settings. wav files for this sound is HITPING.wav, HITPING2.wav and HITPING3.wav.
== CONTROL ==
- Now hilited players (.HLS and .HL commands) are hilited on the radar, in addition to icons. Note that hilite of radar blips does not work until targeting player respawns after you enter the arena. Thus, just after you enter the arena, it does not work.
- Fixed the issue that map grid does not match in flight and in the tower.
== HUD ==
- Now you may ".HL" multiple players, up to 16 players.
- Now you may un-hilight a player by doing ".HL" to a hilited player.
- Left mouse (= tune radio 4 to a player) double click a friendly player to hilight him. Double click again to un-hilight him. It is same as ".HL" command. It is helpful to fly with players not in your squad.
- Fixed the issue that JoyPad sometimes moves too quick when JoyPad mode is enabled.
- Better handling of JoyPad mode for turret control.
- Movement speed of turret is now relative to zoom level. Narrower FoV results in slower movement. It allows you finer control if turret.
- New enhanced Slew Mode control allows you to finer control of movements and ability to roll by rudder axis. It is helpful to capture movies.
- ".SLEWCONTROLMODE 0" to use Classic style Slew Mode control. ".SLEWCONTROLMODE 1" to use New style Slew Mode control.
- Fixed the problem that you can see missing cockpit floor by looking down in the cockpit floor.
== RADIO ==
- It now shows both indicated(i) and true(t) airspeeds.
- It now shows remaining ammo both in rounds and in %.
- It now shows remaining fuel in mins, in addition to ltr/gals.
- It now shows your current "grid" with same unit as grid shown on the map.
- Added option to show radio buffer scroll bar at left, instead of right. Default is ON. You may disable it in the Video Settings.
- When radio buffer BG opacity is low, it now renders black rims around radio buffer text. You may even use zero opacity. Please change radio buffer BG opacity in the Color Settings and see how it works.
- Some adjustments for radio buffer text color.
- 100ch is now brighter grey and easier to read.
- 110ch (squad) is now light sky color instead of light grey, to avoid confusion with 100ch.
- Country channels (101ch-104ch) now respects custom country color, but only when custom color is brighter than default color.
- It now saves result of ".RADIOLINES" command and restores it when you restart the game. Because you can show radio scroll bars at left and you may use lower BG opacity for radio buffer, you might now want to show more radio lines.